Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Memory Lane

Hiiiiiii schhhmucks. (:

Wotsup?




I’ve been gone from the internet world for nearly two weeks thanks to this crappy connection. In the mean time I read about ten books (bookeater till the end) and now I’ve only got one book left to complete my goal. (well, I already have, but then I highed it up a little to 120)
So, the other day my English teacher gave us a little article to write about one of our passions; including why we like it and what’s so special about it.
So what did I write about? It sounds kinda funny, but I wrote about writing. LOL.
Writing about writing is.. weird?
Anyway. I was kind of thinking to do something about sleeping, but then thought better of it and did it about something more substantial.
So here’s what I came up with, though I still have to review it, plus I’m not even sure that’s what I’m going to give over:




Someone asked me, “why do you love writing?” Simple.
Writing is a way to express yourself, a way to <i>lose</i> yourself, a way to say those things you wouldn’t be able to utter in real life.
Writing is one way to become part of another world, a different place, where everything’s at your own disposal. Where your deepest, most secret fantasies take form and mix together, giving life to a beautiful melody of emotions and thoughts.
Where borders are not drawn to your imagination; you can let it fly and wander, restless, to places far in place or far in time.

Why do I love writing?
Because it’s not only about me. It’s about all those people who read.
All those people that through my work are able to dream, to find a little dusty corner where they can be themselves with no rules, no orders to follow, no one but their own mind to guide them.
All those people that find peace thanks to books, and stories, or even a simple article. A light in the dark, when everything else seems to be disappearing.
There’s no bigger pleasure than to know that because of you a person can, even if just for a little while, be comfortable, peaceful. No matter where they are, no matter what they do. You can still help them, come to their aid and make them feel better.

Words are a powerful mean, maybe the strongest of all.
So you’re asking me, why do I love writing?
Because where television is not, where telephone fails to reach, where internet does not exist; you can still find words. No matter the distance, no matter how much time passes, those will still be there for you to read. Those will always wait for you to understand.
And those can even be able to change the world, if only people are willing to listen to them.


Well, at the end of this I had added something, but it was more of an insult to anyone who didn’t like writing and/or reading, so I opted against it. Ha.


I remember when last year we were given to write a short story, choosing one of the given first sentences and then working it out from that.
I remember my teacher telling me mine was really good, though I’m not sure. I’d post it for you, but it was kind of a shit. I think she said I did good because it was written sort of good (compared to my classmates’ works, of course. I wouldn’t dare say good as in book-good because it was not), but the story in itself was kind of shubby. I blame it on the incipit the book gave us. It was boring.
I agree that it’s a writer’s duty to make even the most boring thing ever interesting, but I’m sixteen (at the time fifteen) so I guess I still have a lot of work ahead.

Anyway. I don’t even know the reason of this trip down Memory Lane, honestly, so let’s move on.
I don’t know if I’ve already posted something about it, but whatever. You’ll hear it again, if so.
Have you heard Adele’s new song ‘Someone Like You’? I have, and I think it’s totally amazing. I admit, at first I didn’t like it much, but that’s ‘cause I hadn’t read the lyrics first. When I did, I was stunned. It is one of the best songs I’ve ever heard, above all in this decade. Right now most singers do commercial, they don’t focus anymore on lyrics and actual meaning of a song. They just give their voice, advertise, and that’s it. It makes me a little sick seeing music transformed in that.
Adele is one of the few singers that I see are still into music because it’s their passion, because they just like to do it. Because even if it gave them no job, no money, no anything, they’d still do it because that’s their way to connect with people. That’s what music should be about, in my opinion.
IDK if I’ve already said this, either, but I like Miley Cyrus. Well, used to like is more like it.
I was young, and I was stupid, and anyway there’s nothing wrong with liking her, especially when we’re almost the same age. Anyway, lately her music is crap. I mean, commercial crap. I’m not saying I don’t like her songs, because dance music has no meaning but it’s good to dance and I don’t despise it, I’ll give you that, but her songs used to have a little more meaning. I’m disappointed. I thought she would be better than that. Well, clearly I was wrong. You grow up, you get smarter.
Or you get more stupid. That’s up to you.
I personally like to believe I’m getting smarter, but who am I to say that.


So.
I’ve said a bunch of disconnected things now, as always, so I’m going to stop writing and post this as it is.
Thanks for reading.


P.S. I’m trying to make this blog a little more decent-looking, but after months I still haven’t understood how to do it, so give me time. ;D (please?)



Music: Good Girls Go Bad - Cobra Starship ft. Leighton Meester
Mood: Thoghtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello :)

My photo
This blog is part of my uni coursework in which I have to link a specific subject of interest to the general shift to digital that has affected our society in recent years. Here I am going to discuss in depth various ways in which this shift has radically changed our youth in particular, and shaped them as what is often defined as a 'digital generation'. I hope to do a decent job! Cheers